Critical Reflection on "Skills on Wheels"

The two modules that I have completed on Skills on Wheels were ‘Building Relationship’ and ‘Present Effectively’. Both modules came close to a perfect score. The reason why I chose these two modules is due to the relevance with my work environment. As I am in the hospitality industry, it is all about making connections with people. Thus, it is essential to portray yourself well so as to leave a good first impression. 

Module 1: Building Relationship

Through this module, I have learnt the importance of building relationship with people and applying the approach, Self-Esteem, Empathy, Engagement and Disclosure (SEED), during personal interactions. This is useful as now I would know how to empathise with people to sustain the relationship. Besides on a personal level, the module also provided another approach, ‘L.E.A.R.N’ which focuses on communicating with superiors and colleagues. Hence, this approach will be applicable when I go for my internship.  

Module 2: Present Effectively

Through this module, I have learnt some tips on how to be a better presenter and how to deliver my message across to the audience. Firstly, it is essential to know my audience as I would be able to better arrange my presentation content to engage them. Secondly, utilising the appropriate choice of words, emotions and body language will help in the overall delivery of the presentation. Hence, with all these learning points, it changes my perception of delivering a presentation and I hope I will be able to improve and apply it in my future presentations. 

Evaluation of Learning Experience and Application

Overall, the Skills on Wheels platform was easy to navigate and had a simple user interface which allows a seamless and enjoyable experience. However, I felt that the ‘mark as done’ button is irrelevant as people might just complete the module without going through the content. Still, I enjoyed the modules as they were relevant to my needs and I get to learn it at my own pace. Hence, this platform will be beneficial when I go for my internship or when I enter the workforce.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Formal Self Introduction Email

Interpersonal Communication Problem

Welcome!