The Journey

Today was the day of our showcase and it also marked the end of our Career and Professional Development (CPD) module. This whole 13 weeks have been a valuable and rewarding journey as I feel that I have grown as a person and forge new friendships. This could not have been possible without my friends and Professor Brad. Although the module has ended but our journey has just started. 

During the 13 weeks, my team consisting of Swathi, Christine, Chery and I had to identify a service gap and come up with a training video to address it. We decided to touch on the spa industry as we had common experiences and problem identified. The journey was not easy as we had to film a training video and recommend a solution to address the problem. There were ups and down but we grew stronger as a team as we found out our strengths and weaknesses. We became more bonded and we enjoyed the process of this project. 

During the day of our presentation, I was assigned to present our solution, ‘The Certain Framework’. I felt very stressful as I was the last speaker and I had to convey our team’s message across. I could either make it or break it. Luckily, it all went well with the constant encouragement by my teammates. 

The next day, Professor Brad announced that our team was selected to present for the CPD showcase. We were shocked as we felt that the other teams did very well too. We contemplated for a while as were afraid to present in a large crowd. With Professor Brad’s wise words, we decided to go ahead with the presentation. 

However, thinking back, I am glad our team was willing to step out of our comfort zone and present for the showcase. I can gladly say I am proud of our team for delivering such a wonderful presentation during that night. Although it was a nerve wrecking experience, I have learnt a lot during my presentation as well as from my peers who presented. I realised that regardless of the size of the audience, I should focus on telling a story and trying to get my message across to my audience. I should stay composed and use different ways to engage my audience to capture their attention. 

Overall, it was a good experience as it was my first time presenting infront of a large crowd. I am glad I stepped out of my comfort zone and tried something different. Although we came in second place, I am thankful for given this opportunity to present in the showcase.

Thank you Professor Brad for your wise words and giving ‘Happy Tree’ the opportunity for presenting in the showcase. It was indeed a valuable experience. Also, thank you for your kind patience and guidance throughout this 13 weeks. Thank you for making the class fun and engaging. I have learnt a lot such as the English tips and the life skills that will be beneficial when I step out in the workforce. Take care and I hope to see you around in school!

Comments

  1. Dear Tricia,

    Thank you very much for this reflection on your project and then the experience with the in-class presentation and then the showcase. I especially appreciate that you and your team were willing to step out of your comfort zone and join the showcase. As you have mentioned, story-telling is a major part of the process, and since you and your team had a fascinating topic and did good research, it was a story worth telling. The proof of that is that the judges found your presentation so compelling.

    I hope the various experiences of CPDII serve you well in the future.

    Best of luck as you continue your educational journey.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Formal Self Introduction Email

Interpersonal Communication Problem

Welcome!